Michael Pruitt and Dr. Angel Chudler (photo: Beaumont)

Electrocuted 'Miracle Man' Brought Back To Life After 20 Minutes

June 25, 2019 - 7:48 am
Categories: 

FARMINGTON HILLS (WWJ) - A so-called "miracle man" who was thought to be electrocuted is alive, after being saved by the medical team at Beaumont Farmington Hills.

Twenty-year-old Michael Pruitt was dead for 20 minutes after being shocked by a live wire in Livonia while working at a jobsite. The homeowner performed CPR before medical teams arrived four minutes later.

"I remember being electrocuted while holding that ladder and shaking, and then nothing," Pruitt said in a statement.

When brought to the Trauma Center at Beaumont, Pruitt had no vital signs, but teams continued work on him.

"They brought in this perfect young man who had no vital signs," said Dr. Angel Chudler. "I said to my team, 'We're bringing him back.' And then, I said to him, 'You better come back!'"

After several attempts with a defibrillator, Pruitt's heart started beating again and he came back to life.

Doctors call his resuscitation "miraculous," saying he did not lose any brain function. The high voltage electricity exited his body through his big toes, which were burned from the inside but are now bandaged and healing.

Electrical energy exposure can result in no injury, devastating damage or death. Recovery from electric shock depends on the nature and severity of the injuries. The percentage of the body surface area burned is the most important factor affecting prognosis. Electrical damage to the brain could result in a permanent seizure disorder, depression, anxiety or other personality changes. An electrical current can also cause internal damage, cardiac arrest or other injuries.