(WWJ/Amy E. Powers)

HAZMAT Crew Called To Commercial Fire In Livonia

June 19, 2018 - 9:50 am

LIVONIA (WWJ) - Crews are dealing with a HAZMAT situation at a commercial building fire in Livonia.

The fire broke out early Tuesday morning at Hughes Electronics along Industrial Road between Stark and Wayne roads, sending thick smoke into the air. 

Authorities say the nature of the hazardous material is not yet known. Reporting live from the scene, WWJ's Charlie Langton said a terrible smell is coming from the building. 

No known injuries have been reported.

Industrial Road remains closed while fire crews are still at the scene.