police line tape

(photo: dreamstime)

Man Found Dead In Garage Was Electrocuted While Making Art

January 15, 2019 - 7:33 am
Categories: 

ST. CLAIR SHORES (WWJ/AP) - Authorities say a man found dead with severe burns inside a St. Clair Shores garage apparently was electrocuted while trying to create an artwork.

Police responded to a home in the 23200 block of Allor Street, in a neighborhood along Harper just north of Masonic, Thursday afternoon and found the man on the ground with flames coming from him, The Macomb Daily reported. Investigators later discovered equipment used in an art-making process and believe he was electrocuted.

Detective Paul Dlugokenski says it appears the man was "trying a form of art where you pass electricity through wood and it's supposed to burn through," but he ended up being electrocuted. Police said he was believed to be using an artistic technique called fractal wood burning.

The man's name wasn't released, but he's said to be in his 60s. An investigation is ongoing and autopsy results are pending.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.