3 Michigan Boys Convicted Of Raping 2 Younger Boys

WWJ News
August 23, 2019 - 4:24 pm
Categories: 

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP/WWJ) - Three Michigan boys, who were 11, 12 and 13 when they were charged, have been convicted of raping two younger boys. 

The Battle Creek Enquirer reports a jury of four men and two women found two of the defendants guilty late Thursday of three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and the other guilty of two counts.

The defendants, including two brothers, were charged in June of 2018. They will be sentenced in the juvenile delinquency case on Oct. 23 following a pre-sentence investigation including psychological exams on each of the boys.

The victims -- brothers aged 6 and 8 at the time -- told their mother they were taken to an old garage by the other boys and raped multiple times over a month.

Battle Creek police reported at the time that the older boys reported smoking marijuana in the garage and accidentally started the fire but investigators theorized at the time that the fire was started to destroy evidence of the sexual assaults.

The victims told police they were threatened by the older boys that if they told anyone what happened they would be killed and and their home burned.

Defense attorneys argued the victims had been coached.

The Associated Press is not identifying the boys who were convicted because they are juveniles.